According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a vehicle is stolen every 44 seconds in the United States. Having your vehicle stolen is not only a huge inconvenience, but it is also frightening and violating experience that can sometimes be avoided by taking certain precautions.
5 Tips to Avoid Your Car from Being Stolen:
- At nighttime, always park your vehicle in well-lit areas. Thieves thrive in dark places where they can easily be hidden.
- Keep the inside of your car clean and avoid leaving valuables exposed. Use your trunk if you are transporting valuables.
- Always lock your car door and windows. The most basic tip of them all. Many people feel comfortable leaving their car unlocked while it’s parked at their home or other safe areas. Get in the habit of always locking your car to avoid any unexpected surprises.
- Keep your spare key in your home, not under your car. Thieves tend to check for spare keys in common areas like under the car.
- Invest in an alarm system or anti-theft device. The simplest form of protection is an anti-theft device like an alarm or a wheel locking device such as “The Club.”
While these tips can’t guarantee your car will never be stolen, protecting your assets in the event of a car theft can be as simple as having the right insurance policy. Investing in comprehensive coverage will cover the loss of car theft. Contact your licensed insurance agent at Capitol Benefits to make sure you have this coverage is on your insurance policy.
Capitol Benefits is comprised of a seasoned team of agents who average over 20 years of experience each. Our agents are dedicated to finding their clients top of the line insurance coverage at the most competitive pricing. At Capitol Benefits, our diverse staff hails from professional backgrounds spanning from law to sales to finance and we are proud to provide exceptional service along with time tested knowledge to handle every situation possible for your insurance and benefits. Call Capitol Benefits today if you’d like a quote for your auto, home, business or life and health insurance. We represent over 100 companies, so we’re confident we’ll find a great value for your insurance.