The holiday season is a joyous time, but unfortunately, it is also top season for theft. If you walk around your neighborhood, it isn’t hard to see all the holiday deliveries left on porches of unsuspecting homeowners. Protecting yourself from theft is all about prevention. To avoid being a victim of holiday theft:
- Have your deliveries sent to your work (if allowed)
- Request valuable shipments be held by the shipper for in-person pickup. Most major shipping companies even have apps now that can help streamline this process.
- See if your shipping company has additional options. Amazon recently introduced “lockers” where they will place your shipment in a locker with a special code just for you.
- Does a retired relative live nearby? Have packages delivered to them. It is always a great opportunity to see family anyway.
- Sign up for delivery notifications. Many companies send this to you by email, but many carriers have text message notifications.
- Install a home surveillance system that focuses on the area where your packages are delivered. A pricier alternative if you can’t always be there to monitor your home.
- Discuss with your neighbors to keep an eye out for unfamiliar vehicles.
Enjoying the holiday season is easy, but preventing theft isn’t always. We hope your holiday season is free of criminal activity.
Capitol Benefits is comprised of a seasoned team of agents who average over 20 years of experience each. Our agents are dedicated to finding their clients top of the line insurance coverage at the most competitive pricing. At Capitol Benefits, our diverse staff hails from professional backgrounds spanning from law to sales to finance and we are proud to provide exceptional service along with time tested knowledge to handle every situation possible for your insurance and benefits. Call Capitol Benefits today if you’d like a quote for your auto, home, business or life and health insurance. We represent over 100 companies, so we’re confident we’ll find a great value for your insurance.